New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

Re: New EggPet class.

#81 Post by lisa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:51 pm

Yeah the info posted was passed down to me from a friend and may have changed or just been a wives tail, staying in 1 zone for over an hour is painful for players so it always seemed odd they made it like that.

As for pet loyalty mine hates me, he's down to around 50% from me dieing so much as i lvled lol

I should prob work on increasing it. You can raise loyalty with special pots that convert training to loyalty aswell, miller sells them in his ranch, costs a bunch of golden eggs.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#82 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:50 pm

lisa wrote:Yeah the info posted was passed down to me from a friend and may have changed or just been a wives tail, staying in 1 zone for over an hour is painful for players so it always seemed odd they made it like that.

As for pet loyalty mine hates me, he's down to around 50% from me dieing so much as i lvled lol

I should prob work on increasing it. You can raise loyalty with special pots that convert training to loyalty aswell, miller sells them in his ranch, costs a bunch of golden eggs.
The time I teleported then got an event was when I teleported from the Researches Camp to Kandor in Southern Janost. It's in the same zone so I don't know if that counts.

The items you can buy with eggs are for Aptitude and Talent points.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#83 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:52 am

I been thinking.

With nourishment it was pretty much the consensus that the cakes should always be used first, for various reasons.

But with the loyalty I'm thinking maybe we should check and use the Favorite Meal first (if loyalty is lower than 90% of course).

What that means is if we have "Dessert of Happiness" and "Favorite Meal" and loyalty is lower than or equal to 90% then it uses the "Favorite Meal" then finishes off with "Dessert of Happiness" if needed to get to 100%.

What do you think?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

jduartedj

#84 Post by jduartedj » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:13 am

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote:
rock5 wrote: Is the dessert of happiness the only one that adds loyalty?
No and yes! No because there actually is a rare food (from milk quest) called "favorite meal" that gives +10 loyalty but its really rare and bound. You only get it if you farm milk yourself and you're lucky enough to get one. and yes, because well would any1 use or use just the cakes?

Now that i think about it you better check for that too because if ppl have it they're gonna want to use it since desserts cost 6k ea... thats 60k you save for ever favorite meal you get.
Yes, but to save 60k you have to wait until loyalty falls to 90%.

If I implement the way I do the food then it would only get used if you don't have desserts of happiness (or you just ran out) and your loyalty drops below 90%. If you have Desserts of Happiness you would never use it.
that's true, it's better off if you just use dessert of happiness!
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

#85 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:39 am

jduartedj wrote: that's true, it's better off if you just use dessert of happiness!
I can implement it. I think I would first check if loyalty is below 90% and you have Favorite Meal, then use it. If not, check if loyalty is below 99% and you have Dessert of Happiness, then use that.

I think that's the best way to make it work.

jduartedj

#86 Post by jduartedj » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:42 am

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote: that's true, it's better off if you just use dessert of happiness!
I can implement it. I think I would first check if loyalty is below 90% and you have Favorite Meal, then use it. If not, check if loyalty is below 99% and you have Dessert of Happiness, then use that.

I think that's the best way to make it work.
LOL I didn't read you latest post nevermind then! (it flipped a page I didn't read xD)

Both of them it is then!

jduartedj

#87 Post by jduartedj » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:51 am

On an almost related subject... Can you check for the pet's Training points and Aptitude?
My idea was to have a script that uses the awakening potion to increase the pet's aptitude, since farming golden eggs is easy and 3eggs+1000Training Points=1 Aptitude. This can be done in 2 ways:
1. Have a full script that checks for eggs and training points, goes to the NPC, trades enough eggs for awakening potions and then uses them. or
2. have a script that simple checks for trainings points and uses all the potions possible/existent.

Either way even if it's only a user function (not submitted) we'd need a check for Aptitude and Training points. Same applies if one would want to trade for TP but checking TP instead of aptitude and also Training points.

rock5

#88 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 am

jduartedj wrote:On an almost related subject... Can you check for the pet's Training points and Aptitude?
My idea was to have a script that uses the awakening potion to increase the pet's aptitude, since farming golden eggs is easy and 3eggs+1000Training Points=1 Aptitude. This can be done in 2 ways:
1. Have a full script that checks for eggs and training points, goes to the NPC, trades enough eggs for awakening potions and then uses them. or
2. have a script that simple checks for trainings points and uses all the potions possible/existent.

Either way even if it's only a user function (not submitted) we'd need a check for Aptitude and Training points. Same applies if one would want to trade for TP but checking TP instead of aptitude and also Training points.
I think this goes beyond the scope of what the eggpet class needs automated but all the tools you need are there. I've pretty much collected all the information about the pet, including the TP and Aptitude and the 'feed' function can be used to feed it once you've purchased the potions.

rock5

#89 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:14 am

rock5 wrote:I think this goes beyond the scope of what the eggpet class needs automated but all the tools you need are there. I've pretty much collected all the information about the pet, including the TP and Aptitude and the 'feed' function can be used to feed it once you've purchased the potions.
Oops. looks like I forgot to update the TP value in the update() function. I'll add that in my next commit.

lisa

#90 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:54 am

Love the pet additions, just curious if anyone has gotten the pet event using bot?
Mine has gotten to 2 hours a few times and no event, I am thinking it might be because the pet is put away for feeding regularly.

I know on the occasions I had pet event spawn previously my pet was down to under 50% nourishment.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

jduartedj

#91 Post by jduartedj » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 pm

lisa wrote:Love the pet additions, just curious if anyone has gotten the pet event using bot?
Mine has gotten to 2 hours a few times and no event, I am thinking it might be because the pet is put away for feeding regularly.

I know on the occasions I had pet event spawn previously my pet was down to under 50% nourishment.

It only happens if you DON'T put it away for at least an hour.

Binafus

#92 Post by Binafus » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Lots of good work here.

I would really like to see a way to get the bonuses you can get from the pet wanting to talk to you.

Is this something that is gonna be too hard to add to this project?

Is there an any kind of addon to do this that could be used instead anyone knows of?

jduartedj

#93 Post by jduartedj » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Binafus wrote:Lots of good work here.

I would really like to see a way to get the bonuses you can get from the pet wanting to talk to you.

Is this something that is gonna be too hard to add to this project?

Is there an any kind of addon to do this that could be used instead anyone knows of?
I don't think there is an addon because the game is not meant to be like that, and it seem to be hard at the moment unless someone figures out how to get the talk frames address or some game function to do it.

isotop

#94 Post by isotop » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 am

hi,
I want to auto farm on pet but while am playing on the char also, means i am playing my char and it auto farms on pet in background. So i cant put any waypoints. its like am standing afk n just auto pet gather is on and am not doin any other botting.

How can i do that ?

rock5

#95 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:45 am

isotop wrote:hi,
I want to auto farm on pet but while am playing on the char also, means i am playing my char and it auto farms on pet in background. So i cant put any waypoints. its like am standing afk n just auto pet gather is on and am not doin any other botting.

How can i do that ?
Sorry, I didn't quite understand that. Do you want the pet to auto craft while you play manually or while it sits there afk or while running a waypoint file?

lisa

#96 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:43 am

Sounds like he wants the bot running while he manually plays, so bot just puts the harvest item in and collects resources. You could prob just set up a timer event to tell you when times up and not run bot at all. If you are after the egg pet running and not moving while you are not there, same question i made a post for not long ago, no answer yet though.

swietlowka

#97 Post by swietlowka » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:51 am

Is the class allready working or not? cause id like to use it ;)

lisa

#98 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:55 am

swietlowka wrote:Is the class allready working or not? cause id like to use it ;)
it's already in latest release, you would need to update your existing profiles aswell though. The new default.xml has the functions in it.

swietlowka

#99 Post by swietlowka » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:26 am

lisa wrote:
swietlowka wrote:Is the class allready working or not? cause id like to use it ;)
it's already in latest release, you would need to update your existing profiles aswell though. The new default.xml has the functions in it.
thanks, seems that im lazy, could have checked myself ;D

rock5

#100 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 am

lisa wrote:Sounds like he wants the bot running while he manually plays, so bot just puts the harvest item in and collects resources. You could prob just set up a timer event to tell you when times up and not run bot at all. If you are after the egg pet running and not moving while you are not there, same question i made a post for not long ago, no answer yet though.
I guess you could just do something like this.

Code: Select all

<waypoints>
<onLoad>
   checkEggs()
    yrest(1000) -- How ever often you want it to check.
</onLoad>
</waypoints>
On another note, I'm planning on including checkEggs() in RBAssist.lua.