New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: New EggPet class.

#61 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:29 pm

rock5 wrote:I'm just about ready to commit when i realized I have to rethink the profile options because you can 'assist' and 'craft' at the same time!
I was expecting people to ask me how. :)

Isn't anyone curious?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#62 Post by botje » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 am

guess nobody saw yet xd

but ok, ill bite, how? :P

Botje

swietlowka

#63 Post by swietlowka » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:53 am

preety simple u can have one pet out and craft with another one

rock5

#64 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 am

swietlowka wrote:preety simple u can have one pet out and craft with another one
Well done!

Ok so I thought I'd replace.

Code: Select all

<option name="EGGPET_ENABLE"		value="true" />
		<option name="EGGPET_SLOT"			value="1" />
		<option name="EGGPET_MODE"			value="craft" /> <!-- 'assist' or 'craft' -->
with

<option name="EGGPET_ENABLE_CRAFT"	value="true" /><!-- If using same slot for assist and craft, onlt 1 can be enabled. -->
		<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_SLOT"	value="1" />
		<option name="EGGPET_ENABLE_ASSIST"	value="true" />
		<option name="EGGPET_ASSIST_SLOT"	value="2" />
I that clear enough?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

swietlowka

#65 Post by swietlowka » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 am

seems preety simple and easy to use

jduartedj

#66 Post by jduartedj » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:47 pm

I'd prefer:

<option name="EGGPET_MODE"         value="craft" /> <!-- 'assist','craft','both', 'none' -->
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_SLOTS"   value="1,2,4" />
As ppl may have more than 2 pets and the one that aren't assisting can be crafting

EDIT:added 'none' in code.
This would save many variables and seems clear that none = disabled!
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

jduartedj

#67 Post by jduartedj » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 pm

and BTW I guess You'll leave 2 items TODO then? Pet Merging and Pet Chatting.

I also think the Catch Cavy Script should be now included! maybe not in CPetEgg but maybe in CPlayer?

rock5

#68 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:36 am

jduartedj wrote:I'd prefer:

<option name="EGGPET_MODE"         value="craft" /> <!-- 'assist','craft','both', 'none' -->
<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_SLOTS"   value="1,2,4" />
As ppl may have more than 2 pets and the one that aren't assisting can be crafting

EDIT:added 'none' in code.
This would save many variables and seems clear that none = disabled!
Only 1 pet can assist and only 1 pet can craft.

With your set up, which is which?
jduartedj wrote:and BTW I guess You'll leave 2 items TODO then? Pet Merging and Pet Chatting.
Yes, and I don't see it getting done anytime in the foreseeable future.
jduartedj wrote:I also think the Catch Cavy Script should be now included! maybe not in CPetEgg but maybe in CPlayer?
I think it's too unreliable to add to the mainstream bot as it relies on too many variables to be effective, eg. clear area with no obstacles, no mobs nearby that can kill you while you are trying to catch it etc. But then again I don't use it very much so I'm probably not a good judge.

lisa

#69 Post by lisa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 am

Sorry I'm a bit late joining the discussion.

As for the pet event when it wants to talk with you there are criteria.

You need to have had pet out constantly, so cant recall it.
You need to be in same zone whole time.
It takes over an hour, I've had it take 90 mins and other times 65 mins.
If you get the Blue message saying your pets assist % then the timer has reset, you have changed zones or recalled or done something.
You will get the red writing saying the assistance has dropped from nourishment going down and you will still get to the event.

You get a message in chat and also on screen saying pet wants to talk with you. A bar appears to the left of your minimap, It looks like a reduced whisper bar. You click the button to open window. Pet askes a question and you usually get 3 options as possible answers. Click one and receive a prize, the prize received seems to be as a response to your answer.

Can't wait for pet options in bot, I used to have pet out and it would end up being malnourished and unhappy with me lol
Pet's are a huge boost to the characters capabilities, most add a good 500 HP.

I heard the event option stays up for 5 minutes but I have never left it there as it takes so long to get it to pop lol

Hope this helps
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

jduartedj

#70 Post by jduartedj » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:21 pm

You're right :s

as for catch cavy I use it while farming on <onleavecombat> normally and don't have any trouble with it usually...

rock5

#71 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:34 pm

lisa wrote:Sorry I'm a bit late joining the discussion.

As for the pet event when it wants to talk with you there are criteria.

You need to have had pet out constantly, so cant recall it.
You need to be in same zone whole time.
It takes over an hour, I've had it take 90 mins and other times 65 mins.
If you get the Blue message saying your pets assist % then the timer has reset, you have changed zones or recalled or done something.
You will get the red writing saying the assistance has dropped from nourishment going down and you will still get to the event.

You get a message in chat and also on screen saying pet wants to talk with you. A bar appears to the left of your minimap, It looks like a reduced whisper bar. You click the button to open window. Pet askes a question and you usually get 3 options as possible answers. Click one and receive a prize, the prize received seems to be as a response to your answer.

Can't wait for pet options in bot, I used to have pet out and it would end up being malnourished and unhappy with me lol
Pet's are a huge boost to the characters capabilities, most add a good 500 HP.

I heard the event option stays up for 5 minutes but I have never left it there as it takes so long to get it to pop lol

Hope this helps
This is all good info, although I'm pretty sure I teleported once and soon after got an event.

The problem is it still doesn't tell us how to control it.

rock5

#72 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 pm

jduartedj wrote:You're right :s

as for catch cavy I use it while farming on <onleavecombat> normally and don't have any trouble with it usually...
I did find it, once, stuck in a loop trying to heard a cavy into a non existent trap. So the code is not fool proof. If I were to consider adding it, I would have to do a bit of work on it to make it safer, but it's not on my priority list of thing to do.

jduartedj

#73 Post by jduartedj » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:46 pm

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote:You're right :s

I did find it, once, stuck in a loop trying to heard a cavy into a non existent trap. So the code is not fool proof. If I were to consider adding it, I would have to do a bit of work on it to make it safer, but it's not on my priority list of thing to do.
really? never happened to me And I've been using it daily! I usually catch 5-10 normal cavys and leave myself 5 traps in case a golden comes.

rock5

#74 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 am

I could probably tinker with this indefinitely but it seems to be working well now, so I'm committing.

Committed to rev 541.

Enjoy!

dx876234

#75 Post by dx876234 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:39 am

Great job!

I'm trying to make pet leveling, i.e. golden egg farming and mat production but, are the Golden Eggs missing in the pet food list?

-f

rock5

#76 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:36 am

The bot only automatically feeds for nourishment. You can still use the feed function if you want to feed it something else.
eg.

eggpet = CEggPet(1) -- If '1' is the pet you want to feed
eggpet:feed("Golden Egg", number) -- Or "all" to feed all you have in inventory.

jduartedj

#77 Post by jduartedj » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:19 am

After a little testing I loved it! It's fast and reliable!

I do have 1 suggestion to make: When you make a pet start crafting, issue a ingame message saying "Pet Craft started", is is automatic for summon/return and feed but not for crafting.

I would like to request an additional feat:
Like you may know when you die the pet is recalled loosing 30 nourisment and 3 loyalty! Tthere is a "special dessert" cake that gives +1 loyalty and costs 6k at the pet hunter NPC. I think that after player's rebirth, before summoning the pet, one should check for "special desserts" and if so feed the pet 3 to recover the loss. The nourishment is already handled I take it.

rock5

#78 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 pm

jduartedj wrote:After a little testing I loved it! It's fast and reliable!

I do have 1 suggestion to make: When you make a pet start crafting, issue a ingame message saying "Pet Craft started", is is automatic for summon/return and feed but not for crafting.

I would like to request an additional feat:
Like you may know when you die the pet is recalled loosing 30 nourisment and 3 loyalty! Tthere is a "special dessert" cake that gives +1 loyalty and costs 6k at the pet hunter NPC. I think that after player's rebirth, before summoning the pet, one should check for "special desserts" and if so feed the pet 3 to recover the loss. The nourishment is already handled I take it.
I never thought of loyalty because mine never changes but it should be checked by the egg class.

Is the dessert of happiness the only one that adds loyalty? I guess I could monitor loyalty as well and feed a dessert if you have some in your inventory. It wouldn't need to be just after death although it only goes down after death I think. I'll just check it when I check nourishment.

The message should be easy enough to do.

jduartedj

#79 Post by jduartedj » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:11 pm

rock5 wrote: Is the dessert of happiness the only one that adds loyalty?
No and yes! No because there actually is a rare food (from milk quest) called "favorite meal" that gives +10 loyalty but its really rare and bound. You only get it if you farm milk yourself and you're lucky enough to get one. and yes, because well would any1 use or use just the cakes?

Now that i think about it you better check for that too because if ppl have it they're gonna want to use it since desserts cost 6k ea... thats 60k you save for ever favorite meal you get.

rock5

#80 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:40 pm

jduartedj wrote:
rock5 wrote: Is the dessert of happiness the only one that adds loyalty?
No and yes! No because there actually is a rare food (from milk quest) called "favorite meal" that gives +10 loyalty but its really rare and bound. You only get it if you farm milk yourself and you're lucky enough to get one. and yes, because well would any1 use or use just the cakes?

Now that i think about it you better check for that too because if ppl have it they're gonna want to use it since desserts cost 6k ea... thats 60k you save for ever favorite meal you get.
Yes, but to save 60k you have to wait until loyalty falls to 90%.

If I implement the way I do the food then it would only get used if you don't have desserts of happiness (or you just ran out) and your loyalty drops below 90%. If you have Desserts of Happiness you would never use it.