New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: New EggPet class.

#41 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:12 am

jduartedj wrote:I just remembered an option that might be useful. Instead of using just pet slot for the pet use a class specific pet slot like:

Code: Select all

<option="MAGE_PET_SLOT" value="1">
<option="KNIGHT_PET_SLOT" value="2">
<option="WARRIOR_PET_SLOT" value="4">
(...)
it makes sense because usually pets are class specific, Light=Knight, Fire=Mage, etc...
I believe that most people would only have the 1 pet suited to their main class so this option wouldn't be needed but if you wanted to you could always add something like this to the onLoad section.

Code: Select all

if player.Class1 == CLASS_MAGE then
    settings.profile.options.EGGPET_SLOT = 1
elseif player.Class1 == CLASS_KNIGHT then
    settings.profile.options.EGGPET_SLOT = 2
end
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#42 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:17 am

yeah ofc. thx!
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

#43 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 pm

rock5 wrote:I set up something last night that should work. It's a simple in-game addon that watches for whisper events and remembers them by saving to variables. Then a romscript checks those variables and prints the pets memory region to screen when a whisper is received.

Unfortunately, after about 6 hours, no whisper. But I wasn't keeping the pet fed. I'll try again while keeping it fed. That probably plays a part.
I ran this test again least night, now keeping the pet fed with my new profile options, for about 8 hours. I still didn't get a whisper.

Maybe you have to be doing something? Anyone who has encountered the pet whisper, what were you doing at the time? Also I suspect it's not a whisper. That web site above says it's a system message.

This is going to take a lot of work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Binafus

#44 Post by Binafus » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:59 pm

It is not a whisper, you have to hit the box then select from options to get your prize, but some are prem stat increases for your pet which is very nice.

It should not take 8 hours to get one of these, I would assume in that amount of time you should have got 4 or 5 at least.

Here is the a quote from the forums about them.
When you get a pet event, there will be green text in your main chat window (the same one where all the world chats go) saying your pet wants to talk to you, green text across the center of the screen saying your pet wants to talk to you, and the little message window to the left of the minimap that you can click the "open" button of to get the event dialog.

All as shown in screenshots in this thread. (well, other than the green text in your chat window).

And again, it's quite possible you will have to wait a WHILE with your pet out w/o unsummoning/summoning, changing zones, logging off, entering/exiting instance, recalling, etc. before you will get one. (recalling doesn't ALWAYS reset the timer, but usually does) Minimum time I've heard of is an hour, maximum I've seen is 3 hours.
Last edited by Binafus on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

#45 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:08 pm

I just had a look through my chat messages for the whole night(not much really). There is no message saying my pet wants to talk to me. But if I understand properly, it may be based on the time the pet is out. I kept it well fed last night so it probably wasn't out long enough. I'll try again tonight, leaving it out longer and try and change it to monitor all messages in chat.

Does anyone know what the message says exactly?

botje

#46 Post by botje » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:21 pm

if i recall properly, it says "your pet wants to talk with you" in chat.

dont pin me on it though, been a while since i saw it.

Botje

jduartedj

#47 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

botje wrote:if i recall properly, it says "your pet wants to talk with you" in chat.

dont pin me on it though, been a while since i saw it.

Botje
I think it is.. yeah

rock5

#48 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 pm

The problem is, what is green text? It's not a 'system' message, those are orange. So I don't know which chat event to monitor.

jduartedj

#49 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

rock5 wrote:The problem is, what is green text? It's not a 'system' message, those are orange. So I don't know which chat event to monitor.
this might not be the best way but can't you monitor ALL chat? and compare to "wants to talk to you"...

rock5

#50 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:19 pm

jduartedj wrote:
rock5 wrote:The problem is, what is green text? It's not a 'system' message, those are orange. So I don't know which chat event to monitor.
this might not be the best way but can't you monitor ALL chat? and compare to "wants to talk to you"...
I couldn't find an event that covers all chat. i could try monitoring all of the chat events I guess. It's a big list though.

jduartedj

#51 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote:
I couldn't find an event that covers all chat. i could try monitoring all of the chat events I guess. It's a big list though.
a Window also comes up! But you need its address to be able to detect it unless there is an event for that :P
If you do detect it get the windows address maybe it's better that chat logging... if you need any help testing just say so I'm available!

Giram

#52 Post by Giram » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:51 am

I happened to see when my pet wanted to talk to me so i decided to take screenshots.

http://postimage.org/image/16neld79g/

I cropped parts of many pictures. There you can see the green text what appears when pet wants to talk with you. The popup window is minimized first and needs to be enlarged. On middle is picture of enlarged window. Then you will get 3 choices of rewards or you can choose to not take anything from pet. I took the 3rd option and the reward is the last image.

I have got food, exp and loyalty before from other options but i can't remember those. I think those names will change for different occasion.

rock5

#53 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:17 am

jduartedj wrote:a Window also comes up! But you need its address to be able to detect it unless there is an event for that :P
If you do detect it get the windows address maybe it's better that chat logging... if you need any help testing just say so I'm available!
I just saw one, but the code I had setup to capture details of the message failed on me. I'm not sure why. Anyway, there's no way to know what the box frame name is otherwise looking for that, if it's visible, would be and easier solution.

jduartedj

#54 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 am

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote:a Window also comes up! But you need its address to be able to detect it unless there is an event for that :P
I just saw one, but the code I had setup to capture details of the message failed on me. I'm not sure why. Anyway, there's no way to know what the box frame name is otherwise looking for that, if it's visible, would be and easier solution.

I just found the following event in Rom Wiki: UPDATE_CHAT_FRAMES
Do you think this could contain the chat frames id? if it did you could detect the pet's chat frame! anyway I suppose that if the pet has it's own chat frame this event should arise when the pet talks to you!

rock5

#55 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:51 am

jduartedj wrote: I just found the following event in Rom Wiki: UPDATE_CHAT_FRAMES
Do you think this could contain the chat frames id? if it did you could detect the pet's chat frame! anyway I suppose that if the pet has it's own chat frame this event should arise when the pet talks to you!
I think 'chat frames' would refer to the regular chat boxes. I think what the pet has is unique. I had a look through the list of frames in the rom wiki but couldn't find it.

In the end I think this is going to prove impossible.

swietlowka

#56 Post by swietlowka » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am

i belive its not the top priority to use this chats, they are really rare...

rock5

#57 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:06 am

swietlowka wrote:i belive its not the top priority to use this chats, they are really rare...
Maybe every couple of hours I think. But when you consider how tiny the benefits are and you would have to not feed your pet which would reduce it's assists, I think I would have to agree with you, it's not worth it.

BTW I was able to capture one of those messages and sure enough it was a system message but we are not any closer to a solution.

jduartedj

#58 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am

Now that i think about it, the pet must be summoned for that so much time and Nourisment drops after so much time also, so both are time dependent which makes me think It'll happend when nourishment drops so much! So lets say it takes 2 hours and nourishment drops 10/h (i have no idea how much it is) it'll be when nourismnet drops 20 that he says that!

I think that It could be worth it if: 1. we knew exactly how much Nourishment the pet must drop. (if it's only 10-20% it might be ok!) 2. We could know when exactly it will happen so it is done right away and the pet fed.

rock5

#59 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:50 pm

jduartedj wrote:Now that i think about it, the pet must be summoned for that so much time and Nourisment drops after so much time also, so both are time dependent which makes me think It'll happend when nourishment drops so much! So lets say it takes 2 hours and nourishment drops 10/h (i have no idea how much it is) it'll be when nourismnet drops 20 that he says that!

I think that It could be worth it if: 1. we knew exactly how much Nourishment the pet must drop. (if it's only 10-20% it might be ok!) 2. We could know when exactly it will happen so it is done right away and the pet fed.
That's pretty much my thinking but I think we can skip the speculation until someone figures out the frames name and/or functions to manipulate it.

rock5

#60 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm just about ready to commit when i realized I have to rethink the profile options because you can 'assist' and 'craft' at the same time!