New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jduartedj

Re: New EggPet class.

#21 Post by jduartedj » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:06 am

botje wrote:now make it talk with your pet when he wants to talk to you and your good to go xd

Botje
TRUE! This option comes on seldom but it does happen I only had it once! You talk to the pet, choose an option and get a prize.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:37 pm

jduartedj wrote:I didn't get this part fully... doesn't pet assist drop always w/ nourishment?
I'm pretty sure it drops in steps of 20%. eg. my pet at the moment has 90% Nourishment but when I summon him it says 100% assist.
jduartedj wrote: anyway even if pet assist doesn't drop until nourishment < 80 you'd wanna keep feeding the pet whenever you have the chance so you don't allow it drop ever!
I agree that I should make sure it never drops below 80% but I don't think we should feed the pet at every opportunity because, even though the time to feed the pet is very small, it is still a waste of time to do it more than necessary.
jduartedj wrote: And give that this is to be done at a safe place you might as well feed it right away so you don't risk dropping pet assist.
Actually it doesn't need to be in a safe place. It's fast enough that, as long as you are not currently in combat, you can give the pet a quick feed. The tests I've been running, feed the pet in the onLeaveCombat section, with no worries.
jduartedj wrote:I was talking about a time check because of that user function that already exists with time check... but I get it'll be deprecated once the class is committed!
I think I've seen it around but with the nourishment value, I never considered a timed base feed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:52 am

botje wrote:now make it talk with your pet when he wants to talk to you and your good to go xd

Botje
I've heard of this but never seen it. I would need A LOT of information before I could hope to integrate it.
eg.
How often it comes up.
How long does it stay up.
How many steps to get the prize.
What the steps are to get the prize.
etc.

In the end this could take awhile so I think I wouldn't let it stop me from releasing the rest of the eggpet changes when they are ready.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:10 am

Can someone who uses pets a lot answer me a few questions?

Is there any point in returning a pet when it's nourishment is low?

Even with nourishment at 5% it would still give 20% assist. That's better than nothing right?

What happens if nourishment reaches 0%?

jduartedj

#25 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:49 am

rock5 wrote:Can someone who uses pets a lot answer me a few questions?

Is there any point in returning a pet when it's nourishment is low?

Even with nourishment at 5% it would still give 20% assist. That's better than nothing right?

What happens if nourishment reaches 0%?

I haven't witnessed it personally but I think the pet recalls itself at 0% Nourishment. I Left my bot with the pet on without feeding it and next day the bot was still running and the pet wasn't. I could have died though....

The pet should be return if the PLAYER's HP is low (like <15%) because if we die while the pets is active the loyalty drops 10 and nourishment drops 30%.

jduartedj

#26 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:54 am

rock5 wrote:I've heard of this but never seen it. I would need A LOT of information before I could hope to integrate it.
eg.
How often it comes up.
How long does it stay up.
How many steps to get the prize.
What the steps are to get the prize.
etc.

In the end this could take awhile so I think I wouldn't let it stop me from releasing the rest of the eggpet changes when they are ready.
It comes up very seldomly so it's kind of hard to test....
I'm not exactly sure but this is how I think it goes:
You get a whisper from your pet (also appears in as system msg) and then when you open the pet's chat window (yes there is one) you are shown a menu with some options. Depending on what option you choose you get a different prize.
I think it'll be on RoM forums also If I find anything there more specific I'l post...

jduartedj

#27 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:57 am

here this should provide some information...
http://forum.us.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=44415

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:11 am

jduartedj wrote:The pet should be return if the PLAYER's HP is low (like <15%) because if we die while the pets is active the loyalty drops 10 and nourishment drops 30%.
I don't know if I care if the pet looses some nourishment and loyalty if I'm about to die. Also I wasn't going to mess with the fight sequence so I don't think I should just for that. Also returning the pet will increase the likelihood of you dying. That's like those people who have an addon or something that undresses the character if they are about to die so they don't lose durability whereby guaranteeing that they will, in fact, die.
jduartedj wrote:It comes up very seldomly so it's kind of hard to test....
I'm not exactly sure but this is how I think it goes:
You get a whisper from your pet (also appears in as system msg) and then when you open the pet's chat window (yes there is one) you are shown a menu with some options. Depending on what option you choose you get a different prize.
I think it'll be on RoM forums also If I find anything there more specific I'l post...
This is helpful to understand how it works.
So you get a whisper from your pet letting you know you can click on it to talk to it. Unfortunately we can't monitor chat but I bet you when the pet is clickable there is some indication in the pets memory region. Unfortunately there's no way to test it that I can think of. I'll think about it.

jduartedj

#29 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:03 pm

testing this is really though because as I said it happens seldom! maybe if you have like 3 people with loads of bot all each w/ a pet you can brute force this to happen? I don't know whether it's triggered or random but it must have a random part for sure, maybe it's exp has to be >X or it must have enough "out time" (i.e. summoned time) before it happens. Have you check that web page I linked? that can help making the best choice if you wanna level the pet and to do it taking into account the players class (give pet +0.05dex instead of str) and ofc never choose the option that gives you nourishment, there's no point.

jduartedj

#30 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 pm

rock5 wrote:I don't know if I care if the pet looses some nourishment and loyalty if I'm about to die.
I've checked... Pet return is instant! So I don't see any harm there... and loyalty influences pet assist stats a lot.

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:58 pm

jduartedj wrote: I've checked... Pet return is instant! So I don't see any harm there... and loyalty influences pet assist stats a lot.
Like I said, I don't want to do anything that increases my chance of dying. If I'm near death I wouldn't want to suddenly loose the pets assistance. Also it would require another level of coding that I'd prefer to avoid.

The trick is not to die. :D If you do, then you buy some food and restore his levels.

jduartedj

#32 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote: I've checked... Pet return is instant! So I don't see any harm there... and loyalty influences pet assist stats a lot.
Like I said, I don't want to do anything that increases my chance of dying. If I'm near death I wouldn't want to suddenly loose the pets assistance. Also it would require another level of coding that I'd prefer to avoid.

The trick is not to die. :D If you do, then you buy some food and restore his levels.
True I wasn't thinking of the pet's assist -.-
The thing is that loyalty isn't easily recovered you can use a "favorite Meal" but that costs more than gold :s
Anyway you're right its better to leave him on.

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:19 pm

jduartedj wrote:testing this is really though because as I said it happens seldom! maybe if you have like 3 people with loads of bot all each w/ a pet you can brute force this to happen? I don't know whether it's triggered or random but it must have a random part for sure, maybe it's exp has to be >X or it must have enough "out time" (i.e. summoned time) before it happens. Have you check that web page I linked? that can help making the best choice if you wanna level the pet and to do it taking into account the players class (give pet +0.05dex instead of str) and ofc never choose the option that gives you nourishment, there's no point.
I think that web site will be good to maybe work out which options to select but not to get the info I need.

I set up something last night that should work. It's a simple in-game addon that watches for whisper events and remembers them by saving to variables. Then a romscript checks those variables and prints the pets memory region to screen when a whisper is received.

Unfortunately, after about 6 hours, no whisper. But I wasn't keeping the pet fed. I'll try again while keeping it fed. That probably plays a part.

The good news is it looks like nothing happens when nourishment reaches 0. The pet is still out and it's still providing 20% assist. I'll keep testing but I think I wont have a 'return' option in the profile.

Also as there seems to be only 4 foods that provide nourishment, I'm thinking of having it automatically use the foods so there wont be any need for the 'food' option either.

jduartedj

#34 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 pm

rock5 wrote: Also as there seems to be only 4 foods that provide nourishment, I'm thinking of having it automatically use the foods so there wont be any need for the 'food' option either.
There is 4 foods:
Millers Cake, (+5 nourishment, also provides XP and training)
Meat Skew, (+30 nourishment)
Goat Milk, (+20 nourishment)
*some other cake* (+10 nourishment)

as these are usually bot-farmed and not bought I think they should be used in the order listed above because millers cake provides other bonus besides Nourishment and then You'd wanna start with the one that provides the most nourishment because it's faster to feed.

EDIT: I usually only use millers cake and sell the others on AH. Also millers cake is very cheap in AH.

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:24 pm

The way I might make it work then is like this,

If it has < 95% and it has cake then feed cake
elseif it has < 90% and it has cheese then feed cheese
elseif it has < 80% and it has milk then feed milk.
elseif it has < 70% and it has beef then feed beef.

That way it uses the cheapest ones first and uses them at the right level.

jduartedj

#36 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:01 am

rock5 wrote:The way I might make it work then is like this,

If it has < 95% and it has cake then feed cake
elseif it has < 90% and it has cheese then feed cheese
elseif it has < 80% and it has milk then feed milk.
elseif it has < 70% and it has beef then feed beef.

That way it uses the cheapest ones first and uses them at the right level.
I think it's preferable to use millers cake always and only use others if you don't have any millers cake because the cakes gives xp and training.

I thinks the best would be including an option like <option="FEEDING" VALUE="cake"> that takes the options:
cake, beef, cheese, minstack, fast, or milk to only have the chosen one or to use a minstack (like w/ potion) option or the one you descibe which seems to be the fastest. btw you might as well use a switch/select statement here :P

rock5

#37 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:07 am

jduartedj wrote:I think it's preferable to use millers cake always and only use others if you don't have any millers cake because the cakes gives xp and training.
That's what my example above does. If you have cake then it wont use others. When it runs out of cake then it starts on the cheese. etc.
jduartedj wrote:I thinks the best would be including an option like <option="FEEDING" VALUE="cake"> that takes the options:
cake, beef, cheese, minstack, fast, or milk to only have the chosen one or to use a minstack (like w/ potion) option or the one you descibe which seems to be the fastest. btw you might as well use a switch/select statement here :P
I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying there would be times where you would prefer to use your beefs before using up your cakes? So far everyone seems to be in favor of using cakes first and it makes sense on many levels. They are cheaper, it gives more stats, it clears the inventory faster, etc. I can't really think of a situation where I'd prefer to keep my cakes and instead use the other foods. I guess I could search for the smallest stacks first but I could do that all the time so I wouldn't need an option for it. I'm not sure what you mean by fast. Feeding any of the food is super fast so I don't think time is a factor.

jduartedj

#38 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:17 am

I missunderstood what you were saying!

I mean if you have 1 beef skewer and Nourishment=70, You only have to feed the pet once instead of feeding it 6 times, therefore this is faster. What I was understanding was that if Nourishment is under 70% you'd always feed beef, then if it was 70-80 feed milk, 80-90, cheese and 90-99 cake. so from 40 to 100 you'd only need 2 feeds here... instead of 12 and thus is was faster. But if feeding is that fast I guess it doesn't make a difference.

I guess you're right the option isn't needed.

jduartedj

#39 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:27 am

I just remembered an option that might be useful. Instead of using just pet slot for the pet use a class specific pet slot like:

Code: Select all

<option="MAGE_PET_SLOT" value="1">
<option="KNIGHT_PET_SLOT" value="2">
<option="WARRIOR_PET_SLOT" value="4">
(...)
it makes sense because usually pets are class specific, Light=Knight, Fire=Mage, etc...

swietlowka

#40 Post by swietlowka » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:47 am

jduartedj wrote:I just remembered an option that might be useful. Instead of using just pet slot for the pet use a class specific pet slot like:

Code: Select all

<option="MAGE_PET_SLOT" value="1">
<option="KNIGHT_PET_SLOT" value="2">
<option="WARRIOR_PET_SLOT" value="4">
(...)
it makes sense because usually pets are class specific, Light=Knight, Fire=Mage, etc...
i belive its not worth the effort...
u wont be switching classes so much