New EggPet class.

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jduartedj

Re: New EggPet class.

#101 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 am

rock5 wrote: On another note, I'm planning on including checkEggs() in RBAssist.lua.
nice! Also in that same note I have encountered some situations in which RBA is on and the bot doesn't respond to AGGRO, it just heals/buffs itself! And Autoattack is on ofc.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

Lorelei

#102 Post by Lorelei » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:03 pm

I've been crafting (wood and herbs) and it works great with one exception. I'm using the Petinfo addon, which automatically puts a new set of tools in the slot when the current harvest is cleared. This seems to confuse the bot occasionally, and it gets stuck, trying to put in the tools that are already there. I can remove the tools, and it will immediately put them back in and start normally.

I'd just dump the addon, but it puts a button on the merchant that allows you to purchase huge quantities of tools very quickly, which is a huge time saver. I've thought about adding the following code, which seems to unstick it just fine, but it spams my screen with red error text (no crafting level chosen) everytime it hits that part.

Code: Select all

RoMScript("PetCraftStartButton_OnClick();"); -- Starts harvesting
Any ideas? Here's what I'm currently using.

<waypoints>
<onLoad>
   checkEggs()
    yrest(200000); -- How ever often you want it to check.
loadPaths("Petcraftwood")

</onLoad>
</waypoints>

jduartedj

#103 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:47 pm

if the addon isn't configurable (which it should) try editing the addon's lua file(s) and disabling that function manually!

rock5

#104 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:46 pm

jduartedj wrote:nice! Also in that same note I have encountered some situations in which RBA is on and the bot doesn't respond to AGGRO, it just heals/buffs itself! And Autoattack is on ofc.
Seeing as this problem has nothing to do with the EggPet class it would be better off in it's own thread. Make sure you include exactly what happens as you haven't provided much information.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#105 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Lorelei wrote:I've been crafting (wood and herbs) and it works great with one exception. I'm using the Petinfo addon, which automatically puts a new set of tools in the slot when the current harvest is cleared. This seems to confuse the bot occasionally, and it gets stuck, trying to put in the tools that are already there. I can remove the tools, and it will immediately put them back in and start normally.

I'd just dump the addon, but it puts a button on the merchant that allows you to purchase huge quantities of tools very quickly, which is a huge time saver. I've thought about adding the following code, which seems to unstick it just fine, but it spams my screen with red error text (no crafting level chosen) everytime it hits that part.

RoMScript("PetCraftStartButton_OnClick();"); -- Starts harvesting
Any ideas? Here's what I'm currently using.

<waypoints>
<onLoad>
   checkEggs()
    yrest(200000); -- How ever often you want it to check.
loadPaths("Petcraftwood")

</onLoad>
</waypoints>
If the addon automates crafting, just use that and don't use rombot crafting. But it sounds like you are saying the only thing PetInfo does is put the tools in the craft slot. That's just stupid. It should automate it completely or leave it alone. If all it does is put the tools in the craft slot, I would disable it and use rombot crafting.

Also, aren't there other addons that allow you to buy large number of items eg. StoreMultiBuy?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

jduartedj

#106 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:32 pm

rock5 wrote:
jduartedj wrote:nice! Also in that same note I have encountered some situations in which RBA is on and the bot doesn't respond to AGGRO, it just heals/buffs itself! And Autoattack is on ofc.
Seeing as this problem has nothing to do with the EggPet class it would be better off in it's own thread. Make sure you include exactly what happens as you haven't provided much information.
I wasn't sure if you were aware of this so I was just hinting before I posted a new topic. Will do.

swietlowka

#107 Post by swietlowka » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:01 pm

ekhm... how do i buy the items for craft? can i make something like:<option name="POISON" value="30" /> but iwth craft item name? and the just use player:merchant("Hammur Sorrun"); or maybe there diffrent way?

jduartedj

#108 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:09 pm

You have to buy them your self.

Althought it is a great idea for a new function like player:petMerchant();
he'd buy desserts of hapiness and crafting items.

svh1

#109 Post by svh1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Great job rock5 !
I'm using the bot to do pet production farming... altough prices on AH seem to lower quite alot cause suddenly some players are selling lots of stacks lol.
Obviously that they use the bot. They should be smarter.

rock5

#110 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:32 pm

swietlowka wrote:ekhm... how do i buy the items for craft? can i make something like:<option name="POISON" value="30" /> but iwth craft item name? and the just use player:merchant("Hammur Sorrun"); or maybe there diffrent way?
Sometimes I think there should be a basic buy function so people can buy anything that the bot doesn't handle.

In this case, I'm not sure how this should be handled. Maybe we should have options for buying tools? But then how about feed for pet nourishment and loyalty?

jduartedj

#111 Post by jduartedj » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 am

I wrote: Althought it is a great idea for a new function like player:petMerchant();
he'd buy desserts of hapiness and crafting items.
Like I said it's a great idea. As for loyalty there is only one practical way and that is dessert of hapiness. As for nourishment it's not worth buying it at the NPC because is much too expensieve. Even at AH it's really cheap because of golden eggs botting so i guess you could add a check for nourishment at merchant but in fact it would almost never be used.

lisa

#112 Post by lisa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 am

I would deffinately like a pet harvest item option to buy.

All donkeymen sell the same items and in the same spots. The bot currently buys potions and has the max potions option. Maybe just add into the pet section of the profile the items donkeymen sell.

<!-- EggPet Shopping options, how many of what do you want to keep in your inventory -->
		<option name="**" value="0" />
		<option name="millers_cake" value="0" />
		<option name="desert_of_hapiness" value="0" />
		<option name="ore_thing" value="0" />
		<option name="wood_thing"  value="0" />
		<option name="herb_thing" value="0" />
Names are way off of course, server on maintenance atm but I'd suguest having it set to 0 by default as opposed to just having an option to turn off donkeyman buying, this way people can adjust as they need and also don't have bot buying things they dont want.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

swietlowka

#113 Post by swietlowka » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 pm

ha i though i didnt know something ;P but instead it seems im creative :D
anyway i need that beacuase id like the bo to buy enter miller's craft and gather eggs same time, and after theres no more tools it should go out buy more and get back, doing so would make it less buggy while gathering eggs (it gets stack sometimes after a while)

swietlowka

#114 Post by swietlowka » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:12 am

bugs:
when using CEggPet:harvest(); it drops the bot when no production result found, and while called while producion is on
when using mypet:craft(); it stops when there were any items in the pet production window

info for buying items for craft

player:target_NPC("Hammur Sorrun"); yrest(1000);
   sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);"); yrest(1000);
    sendMacro("StoreBuyItem(x,99);"); yrest(1000);
where x is 5,6,7 and corresponds to wood,mining,herbs

would be glad if someone tell me how can i sell items by name or id, cause i cant seem to find a way
Last edited by swietlowka on Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

jduartedj

#115 Post by jduartedj » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:18 am

pls use code tags.

and

player:target_NPC("Hammur Sorrun"); yrest(1000);
could be optimized using rock5's script that detects all pet hunters (not only this on) plus you can do it at the NPC inside millers farm pykesile or whatever it's called.

I think rock5 will look into those issues when he is available.

Starrider

#116 Post by Starrider » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Is there now a final overview about the options and settings the eggpetclass gives us?

jduartedj

#117 Post by jduartedj » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Starrider wrote:Is there now a final overview about the options and settings the eggpetclass gives us?
all that is available is on settings.lua, but don't change it there define them in your profile.

rock5

#118 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Starrider wrote:Is there now a final overview about the options and settings the eggpetclass gives us?
I've added the options to the profile options in the wiki.
http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... _-_Options

fred55555

#119 Post by fred55555 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:44 pm

is there a setting to enable the pet to eat all the food you have in your bag.
I would like to get the pet to level off the miller cakes.

also were is a good place to find information in more detail on what you can do with your pet i.e. harvesting and assist so that I can understand better what you have created here and use it.

thank you in advance

rock5

#120 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:06 pm

fred55555 wrote:is there a setting to enable the pet to eat all the food you have in your bag.
I would like to get the pet to level off the miller cakes.

also were is a good place to find information in more detail on what you can do with your pet i.e. harvesting and assist so that I can understand better what you have created here and use it.

thank you in advance
What more do you want to know that the link above doesn't tell you?

To feed all cakes you need to use the commands

eggpet = CEggPet(slot)
eggpet:feed("Miller\'s Special Cake","all")
I think that should work.

Add it to a waypoint file somewhere or create one and add it to the onLoad section.