MicroMacro 1.04, which you can get here
RoM scripts (see SVN instructions)
See also: German instructions, Russian instructions
For instructions on how to use the bot and it's various functions after you have installed it, check out the RoM Bot wiki
This is the official RoM bot. If you find it on another website that does not credit the original author, or does not contain the proper license, please contact me. Other sites are allowed to mirror the files, but they must include the correct license and give credit where credit is due.
The preferred method is to follow the SVN instructions. This will give you the most up to date version of the bot.
Alternatively, you can download the zip file at the end of this post. Extract the contents of the zip into micromacro/scripts/. The whole 'rom' folder should be inside 'scripts'. Be aware, this download may not be up to date.
See the wiki for details on how to configure and use the bot.
You can over-ride a few options to your skills. Particularly, those skills you want to limit to only use in battle, or set to use at a certain health percent (such as heals).
- priority : Higher priority means it will use it before other skills. Use 100+ for your opening attacks.
hpper : Percentage of HP to use the skill at. This will over-ride HP_LOW for heals!
inbattle : Either true or false. True means it only can be used in battle; false means if only can be used out of battle.
pullonly : Can only be used in the pull phase at the begin of a fight. They will not be used during the rest of the fight
maxuse : Skills with that option will only be used 'maxuse'-times within a fight.
Code: Select all
<skill name="PRIEST_REGENERATE" priority="110" hpper="90" inbattle="true" />
You can provide command-line arguments to the script by appending commands after the script name. For example, type in "rom/bot.lua update" to update the script.
- This allows you to scan the game's executable for updated pointers, which will automatically rewrite and update your addresses.lua file. Doing this should allow you to fix errors after the game updates.
- Manually set which profile to load, rather than assume by character name. This should be used if your character's name contains non-ASCII characters, such as 'Ã«'. You should not append the .xml extension. This profile must also reside in the profile directory; just as any other profile would.
It is highly suggested that you only use ASCII characters in your profile name; even if your character's name contains non-ASCII characters.
Example: rom/bot.lua profile:myName
- Manually set which waypoint script to load (do not include the .xml extension!). This must reside in the 'wapoints' folder.
Example: rom/bot.lua path:anthive
- Exactly like the 'path' command above, except it sets the return path to follow when you die.
My skills aren't working. Why?
- Press escape and go to interface settings. Turn on Self Cast. This will help for buffs at least.
RoM just updated and now the bot doesn't work anymore! What do I do?
- Run: rom/update.lua
- Finds and rewrites addresses.lua with updated info
- Does the same as above, but also starts the bot automatically with new info.
SVN, Always have the newest version
- For those of you who already have some working knowledge of SVN, you can use this command to checkout:
svn checkout https://github.com/elverion/rom-bot/trunk
- First, I suggest you install Tortoise SVN. Once installed, you may need to reboot your machine. Now, locate your 'rom' folder (should be inside micromacro/scripts/). If it doesn't exist, create it. Right-click it. Select 'SVN Checkout'.
Now, a window should open. Inside "URL of repository:", enter this url:
Everything else can be left as default. Click OK and it should begin downloading and updating all of your files. Now that you've got it all setup, you can simply right click the 'rom' folder again and select SVN update to update it to the current revision.
- This typically happens if you've made any modifications to the scripts or if you tried to update a very old bot. Conflicts are indicated by yellow icons next to the files (red icons mean the file has been modified but there is no conflict). To fix it, right click the 'rom' folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert", select all the files you wish to restore and click 'OK'. It should now be an exact copy of the current revision. This wont affect user created files like profiles and waypoint files.
x_art (russian adjustment)
x_art - Russian
filipsworks - Polish
VoidMain - Spanish
jduartedj - Portuguese
If you're not on this list and you think you deserve to be, please PM me. I give credit where credit is due.