Picking up buffs

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
3cmSailorfuku

Picking up buffs

#1 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Mon May 31, 2010 8:17 am

Is the bot supposed to not pick them up, eg. move to the middle of the corpse? When I used earlier builds the bot moved a little forwards after a killed mob. I want to know if it's a bug, or feature since I started to use the bot again since Rev 447.

filipsworks

Re: Picking up buffs

#2 Post by filipsworks » Mon May 31, 2010 8:44 am

It's for RoM/RA?

Can U Move that topic?

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Mon May 31, 2010 9:37 am

I guess you can consider this a feature. Having the bot always move forward in an attempt to collect a buff was considered to be too bot-like, so it was changed to happen randomly sometimes. That is, if I remember correctly.

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Mon May 31, 2010 11:51 am

Administrator wrote:I guess you can consider this a feature. Having the bot always move forward in an attempt to collect a buff was considered to be too bot-like, so it was changed to happen randomly sometimes. That is, if I remember correctly.
Do you know which part of the code manages the random seed? I can't remember that this happened ever.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:20 am

3cmSailorfuku wrote:Do you know which part of the code manages the random seed? I can't remember that this happened ever.
I believe it's line 1008 of player.lua. Looks like the odds are set to 1 in 5 to pick up the buff.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

3cmSailorfuku

#6 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 am

rock5 wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote:Do you know which part of the code manages the random seed? I can't remember that this happened ever.
I believe it's line 1008 of player.lua. Looks like the odds are set to 1 in 5 to pick up the buff.
I found out what the issue was, when the bot would move in to get the buff, it's actually still busy with looting in my case. Had to include a yrest(500) before it would press W to execute it after looting.