Micromacro 1.04.154 beta

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Administrator
Site Admin

Micromacro 1.04.154 beta

#1 Post by Administrator » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:57 pm

Just uploaded the newest compilation. While there is nothing new or interesting added, there's a number of bug fixes. Most of the changes revolve around buffer limitations and memory leaks.

Code: Select all

Fixed: Lots of buffer overflow protection changes (no more strcpy, strncpy, strcat, strncat)
Fixed: A few minor memory leaks (Thanks, CppCheck!)
Changed: Use strftime() instead of asctime()
Fixed: Redundant memset() in luaengine.cpp:645. Whoops!
Fixed: check if readBuffer is valid *before* memsetting it in memorydevice.cpp:35
These changes should prevent potential exploits (though I doubt anyone has felt the need to do this) and will definitely prevent some crashes.

So, mostly boring stuff, right? So why do I bother mentioning this? Because it is difficult to test the new buffer enforcement code in every circumstance. While it *shouldn't* cause any issues from my initial testing, it is possible that strings copied into buffers might behave strangely (get unexpectedly truncated, for example), while not causing an error.

For example, while I was working on the changes, I noticed that the URL that is displayed on start (solarstrike.net in green) was, instead, showing:

Code: Select all

SolarStrike Software
http://www.solarstrike.n
Notice the missing 'et' on '.net'.

In addition, I'd like to move towards marking 1.04 as done, so any last-minute changes should be proposed now.

lisa

Re: Micromacro 1.04.154 beta

#2 Post by lisa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:19 pm

k downloaded it, I'll run it with the very little things I do now days.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:43 pm

I have been playing a little recently but no botting. I've been doing missed quests manually for the titles, just to pass the time. I've been using my hacks for speed and a little wall climbing and occasionally rbassist.

I believe the best way to test it is to release it and see if anyone reports any errors. Even if Lisa and I did our best to test it, our use of it would be limited.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 am

it is on the download page under Beta, this is also a public post and not just in developer section, so yeah anyone can test it =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual