SQLite Support for RoMBot / MicroMacro

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Rintintin

SQLite Support for RoMBot / MicroMacro

#1 Post by Rintintin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:53 am

Hello,

has anybody managed to implement the SQLite library? I'd like to use it for several things like advanced logging, creating statistics or just saving settings in a different manner.
There are several hits when you google for sqlite lua wrapper.

But it seems like in most of the times its just the sourcecode you can download and which you have to compile yourself. And I don't have a clue how to do that.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: SQLite Support for RoMBot / MicroMacro

#2 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:47 pm

There's this: http://files.luaforge.net/releases/luas ... uaSQL2.1.1

Just drop sqlite3.dll into micromacro/plugins and that should be all you need. Be aware that the module contained there is for Lua 5.1 only. I'm still testing the newest version, 5.2, and that should be released sometime in the near future. Attempting to use that module with a mismatched version of Lua could cause any number of issues including crashing, failure to load, or dependency errors. Basically, it should work fine with the current version of MicroMacro but don't expect it to with future versions; you'll need to upgrade the module for that (GIT project here).

You can also use LuaRocks to get the module, apparently, but I've never used it myself and I'm not sure if it'll even work with MicroMacro.