UAC und MM

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Jandrana

UAC und MM

#1 Post by Jandrana » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 am

If you are using MM with Vista / Win7 you will get the UAC prompt each time when starting MM.

The UAC prompt appears, because the manifest states, that this program requires administator priviledges (which are required to read the memory of a different process).

I was annoyed by this prompt, but I did not want to disable UAC completely. I think it is usefull to warn you if try to run a dangerous application by accident (e.g. a mail attachment or similar).

But Windows does not offer a possiblity to define a list of apps, that should run elevated without prompting.

I just found a tool, that does allow this: http://freeavvarea.r00t.la/UACPass-en

With this tool you accept the UAC prompt once and it will create a shortcut that lets you start the program in elevated mode without further annoyance.

Edamh

Re: UAC und MM

#2 Post by Edamh » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you for the tip. This had been annoying me for some time now.