RomBot issues

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Jandrana

RomBot issues

#1 Post by Jandrana » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 am

* MM causes an GPF when pressing CTRL-C and a script has being paused with END key.

* MM works fine on my Core I5 system. But on my AMD Athlon II X3 system something
is wrong. MM runs rom scripts extremely slow (100 times slower than expected).
Many scripts do not work any more.
An issues with hardware timer?

To find these issues I tried to compile MM myself. There is a small readme regarding
dependencies, but it seems incomplete.
I got missing dependencies regarding AL (open al/free al?) and dirent. I was using VS2008.
I googled a bit and found various info.
But before trying various stuff, I thought it should be smarter to ask first.

Which is the preferred C++ suite to compile MM?
Any directions regarding the missing dependencies?

gloover

Re: RomBot issues

#2 Post by gloover » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 am

Sorry, all the guys (and Laddies) here are experts in creating some bot-fuctions-/codes, but not in compiling or programming MM.
Please ask those questions in the right section : MicroMacro general & support

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Ditch your compiler and any other Microsoft-produced compiler and IDE. It will not compile standard-compliant C/C++. This is not the first, nor the last, time that Microsoft has intentionally ignored standards to fuck over the end-user.

I use Code::Blocks IDE with MinGW GCC to compile the official releases of MicroMacro, so I can assure you that works. I belive the CB project file is even included. I don't have a clue what could be causing issues with your Athlon. The machines I test on all have AMD processors and it works great for them.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Although the title does say RoMbot issues I think you are probably right to post in the MM section as your query is more at MM than rombot.

As to how to help, not sure really, best I can suguest is to d/l latest MM, MM itself doesn't fully update if using SVN, not all files are added to SVN, deliberately.

So yeah try a fresh download and see if it helps.

--=== Edit ===--

LOL someone moved it before I read and I didn't even know it was posted in the rom section, yes it does belong in MM support section =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Jandrana

#5 Post by Jandrana » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:43 am

Thx, will try to setup a MinG environment and try again.

Regarding my AMD issues: good to know, that it usually should work with them. Maybe another SW / HW will cause this issue - AV scanner maybe?

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 pm

It could be anything. I couldn't even begin to diagnose the issue without having access to the computer. How old is the processor? It might not support some of the optimizations, but I really doubt that would have that kind of an effect on performance.

Jandrana

#7 Post by Jandrana » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 am

How old is the processor?
It's a Rana Core - 2.6 Ghz - was released end of 2010 or something like that.
I strongly suspect the AV scanner, because it hooks a lot of windows API functions to detect maleware activities.

Currently I don't like to uninstall the AV scanner, because I cannot find the licence info which is required for a (re)installation.
But I will post new information, if I have more information regarding this problem.