Calling functions?

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
3cmSailorfuku

Calling functions?

#1 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Found your website today and I really like the idea of your project, because I was once also writing scripts for Requia which used LUA aswell but was way more advanced, but didn't let you use memory poking because the admin was selfish ;)

Anyway, I wondered if there is a possibility in the future to call the game's functions or asm.
Things would go way smoother than they are now. Ex: GoTo(x, y [world coordinates]);.
That would eliminate the need for virtual keys, but would be a bit more problematic to write since you would have to use a hook. You could use the ingame Hotkeys then or sending keys without having the focus.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Calling functions?

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Yes, actually. Version 0.97 should bring the plugin system to play. I also would like to allow for DLL injection into the target process(es). The plugins will simply be a DLL with certain functions which are called when installed/removed.

The basic flow of it is that you would write a plugin which would register the Lua functions you actually call. That is, you would write a glue for the Lua GoTo function. You would then need to also write the DLL that you will inject. The Lua GoTo function will, of course, communicate the call to the injected DLL and call that game's actual GoTo function.

Another possible update in the future would be to hook Winsock send/recv. This would allow MicroMacro to behave similar to WPE, but on a scripted basis. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your support though. I'm just curious, how did you find out about this site?

3cmSailorfuku

Re: Calling functions?

#3 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 am

elverion wrote:Yes, actually. Version 0.97 should bring the plugin system to play. I also would like to allow for DLL injection into the target process(es). The plugins will simply be a DLL with certain functions which are called when installed/removed.

The basic flow of it is that you would write a plugin which would register the Lua functions you actually call. That is, you would write a glue for the Lua GoTo function. You would then need to also write the DLL that you will inject. The Lua GoTo function will, of course, communicate the call to the injected DLL and call that game's actual GoTo function.

Another possible update in the future would be to hook Winsock send/recv. This would allow MicroMacro to behave similar to WPE, but on a scripted basis. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm looking forward to see that version. :P
elverion wrote: Thanks for your support though. I'm just curious, how did you find out about this site?
A friend got me to play Holic Online a day ago, I was level 18 and got bored to wait for him (We play always together etc) so I thought I should write a Bot as it seemed the most easiest way to get my boredom away. I wondered if there already any bots for it on google, and here we are. ;)