puzzle game, about 30 mins of interesting problems.

Whatever you want here. Just make sure it's off topic. Which...I guess if the topic is being off topic, then it means you should be on topic. Understand?
lisa

puzzle game, about 30 mins of interesting problems.

#1 Post by lisa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:39 am

http://armorgames.com/play/14057/simple-motions-2

The comments on the page say it's impossible to get some stars, those people are just stupid.
Took me around 40 mins to get all stars on all 35 levels =)
puzzlegame.jpg
Can you beat my score?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: puzzle game, about 30 mins of interesting problems.

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:27 pm

It's a pretty nice game. Interesting concept. Today was just really busy for me, between the working, cooking, and cleaning, but I managed to find some time to play through about half of the levels.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:59 pm

Administrator wrote:It's a pretty nice game. Interesting concept. Today was just really busy for me, between the working, cooking, and cleaning, but I managed to find some time to play through about half of the levels.
Cool, yeah it's pretty basic but also interesting in the way it uses the objects to change the game.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:25 pm

I gave up when I couldn't find the hidden star after half an hour trying to find it. I think it was level 10. Not my sort of game. I don't like having to find something blindly with no hint as to where it is. I like logic games.

I you want to know, for a bit of mindless playing, I like to play games from this guy, Simon Tatham. He's a real brain so they are pure logic games with no bells and whistles. I usually alternate getting addicted to one then another.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:28 pm

rock5 wrote: I like to play games from this guy
I'll have a look
rock5 wrote:I couldn't find the hidden star after half an hour trying to find it
You see a big star outline appear over the head of the eyeball thing when you get close, the eye also looks in the direction of the hidden star.
puzzlegame lvl 10 eyes on star.jpg
puzzlegame lvl 10 eyes on star.jpg (66.09 KiB) Viewed 11553 times
Of course there is no explanation of how the game works in that respect so it is something you just need to pick up as you play. Also you can shoot the hidden star with the cannon type thing and when you get the hidden star it kind of explodes which 'collects' any stars near it.

LVL 10 looks like this, brown square is roughly where hidden star is.
puzzlegame lvl 10.jpg

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:58 am

I didn't realize the guy looks at it. Still, it looks like the blue buy is supposed to collect it but I tried adjusting the left roller in different positions and never collected the star.

Edit: Decided to give it another go. Managed to find the exact position that made the guy go high enough to reach it. I'll have another go a doing the rest.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

kenzu38

#7 Post by kenzu38 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:14 am

Nice Find. Pretty fun game. Was the perfect diversion while I was waiting for my AC: Rogue download to finish.

Managed to beat your score. I can definitely get a higher score if I played it again and find the optimal paths to take. But meh, the download's finished and I'll probably just play Rogue the whole time.
SimpleMotionsOverallScore.jpg
But yeah, thanks for sharing this.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:19 am

I think the trick is to be good at stopping it before it finishes and only letting it finish once you have all the stars, so it counts as only 1 try. My reflexes are not so good so it often finishes before I can stop it. Plus all those times I tried level 10. I'm not expecting a good score when I finally finish it. LoL.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:59 am

Stumped on 32. I know where the hidden star is and I've even managed to get it a few times but I can't get it and make it over to the other platform. I think that's it for today for me.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:48 pm

rock5 wrote:Stumped on 32. I know where the hidden star is and I've even managed to get it a few times but I can't get it and make it over to the other platform. I think that's it for today for me.
If you manage to get that hidden star then it's just a matter of fine tuning the objects to do it all, I found getting the star to be the challenge in 32, once I got it then the other stars was relatively easy.
kenzu38 wrote:Managed to beat your score. I can definitely get a higher score if I played it again and find the optimal paths to take. But meh, the download's finished and I'll probably just play Rogue the whole time.
Awesome, nice work, yeah it was just a way to pass time for me too plus the comments saying it was bad because the game was "impossible" made me want to do it even more lol

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:39 pm

lisa wrote:If you manage to get that hidden star then it's just a matter of fine tuning the objects to do it all, I found getting the star to be the challenge in 32, once I got it then the other stars was relatively easy.
You must have got lucky. Every time I managed to get the hidden star the guy wouldn't make it across to the next ledge and dropped down the middle. So I had to modify it further which made it miss the start again. I did manage to get the star and make it across to the other ledge once but I used 2 Right Rollers to do it so I didn't have enough parts to finished it.

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 pm

FINALLY finished it. Not as bad a score as I thought. Maybe because I managed to not use all the pieces on a number of levels.
Attachments
simple motions 2.JPG

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:08 am

rock5 wrote:FINALLY finished it. Not as bad a score as I thought. Maybe because I managed to not use all the pieces on a number of levels.
Awesome =)

Games always seem easier when you know the "rules" of the game, that is probably the part I enjoy about PC games the most, working out how things work and how to use that to do better at the game =)