identity theft

Whatever you want here. Just make sure it's off topic. Which...I guess if the topic is being off topic, then it means you should be on topic. Understand?
lisa

identity theft

#1 Post by lisa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:34 am

Waaaaaaay way way off topic.

Ok So I have so many layers of security on everything, the (almost) final straw of all security was SMS confirmation for anything.

So someone has managed to get my online banking details, they have then called up my mobile service provider and convinced them to port MY mobile phone to their simcard. So they got into my online banking and then the SMS confirmations were sent to their own mobile phone and they attempted to clear out all of my bank accounts. Fortunately for me I have just 1 more layer of security and my bank suspended my online banking and everything was stopped before becoming a REAL issue.

According to my mobile phone providor it is "impossible" to have my phone number ported to another phone but did confirm that they did themselves do the porting, work that out lol

Needless to say I will be changing to a new mobile service.

So end result is a big inconvenience to me while I get everything working again but they got $0 for their effort.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

Re: identity theft

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:22 am

Congrats on dodging that bullet. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

Re: identity theft

#3 Post by lisa » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:40 am

I am going to change to another mobile provider anyway, really don't like how they handled the situation.
All they ask for identity check is literally name/address/DoB, all of which you can get online for pretty much anyone.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual