So I figured out a way to stop X-Trap

Ask questions about cheating in any games you would like. Does not need to pertain to MicroMacro.
apainlessend

So I figured out a way to stop X-Trap

#1 Post by apainlessend » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:00 pm

But I don't have a bot to test it with.
I am new to this forum, and MMORPG altogether...
However, I am not a workaround, bypass newb for various windows and linux system functions.

This tutorial is posted for Educational purposes only. It exists solely to educate those utilizing on the inner workings of their legal purchased operating system and personal computer.

So, I assumed the one bot I found was a virus, so I opened up some nice old school progs, and a hex editor to have a look, and after a bit of research I found that X-trap was not to protect you from being hacked through the game...

Rather to protect the game from you.
Upon further investigation of the program, I found that it also adds a loop, and a hook to prevent you from shutting it down via task manager.

And the proverbial icing on the cake: Neither Feista.bin, or XTrap.xt will run without the other present.

Fiesta.bin, is nothing more than an empty holder for the data Xtrap downloads and dumps executables in.

So even if you run Malware to detect illegally lopped, or hooked programs, FIESTA.bin will show up on the list not XTrap.xt

I assure you the culprit is XTrap.xt

The workaround

I am sure you've all tried to CTL ALT DEL both programs and got an error like:
Cannot access etc etc.

Stop trying. Even if you can, (And I have.) Fiesta is looped to continually expect info from XTrap.xt, so if you close it, It sends a command to shut down the game.

So, What do we do?

We suspend XTrap.xt

So it's presence is still there, but it's functionality is not...

I did this last night..
It took me along time to sort this out.

In order to do this you need a program called RADIX
It bypasses those loops and allows you to shut down ANYTHING that is running on your computer...

BUT REMEMBER WE DONT WANT TO SHUT IT DOWN!!!

Once Radix is running (You dont even have to install it)

0. Login to fiesta
1. Go to Radix and select the tab named Processes.
2. Click Check
3. Find and select xtrap.xt on the list
4. Click THREADS
5. You will see a list of functions/entry points Click them all individually and suspend them all.
6. DONE.

Now Fiesta should run with no Xtrap involvment.
Now this is my first post, and a helpful one.
but I need a WORKING non buggy bot to test it with.

Can I please have some help? The only bot I see here is for the EUROPE VERSION.

This tutorial is posted for Educational purposes only. It exists solely to educate those utilizing on the inner workings of their legal purchased operating system and personal computer.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: So I figured out a way to stop X-Trap

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:34 pm

I have my doubts about this working properly. If you suspend XTrap.xt, it will not connect to the XTrap servers, which then forward messages to the game server letting them know you still have XTrap running. Once the game server stops receiving those messages, you'll get disconnected.

Try using Cheat Engine after doing this and see what happens after about 5 minutes of use. Either way, XTrap also uses a system driver that hooks functions at the kernel level. Even with XTrap.xt shut down, those hooks are still in place. You'd need to patch those to get things (like memory reading) to work.

3cmSailorfuku

#3 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:16 am

Administrator wrote: Try using Cheat Engine after doing this and see what happens after about 5 minutes of use. Either way, XTrap also uses a system driver that hooks functions at the kernel level. Even with XTrap.xt shut down, those hooks are still in place. You'd need to patch those to get things (like memory reading) to work.
.. and that's basically the issue with XTRAP. Xtrap will use a kernel driver called XTrapD21.sys, or 13,14,15,16 etc depending on its version.
The only "simple" method I know to that is to reserve/unreserve the hooked functions, like SendInput, and hope that XTrap doesn't care.

apainlessend

#4 Post by apainlessend » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:02 pm

3cmSailorfuku wrote:
Administrator wrote: Try using Cheat Engine after doing this and see what happens after about 5 minutes of use. Either way, XTrap also uses a system driver that hooks functions at the kernel level. Even with XTrap.xt shut down, those hooks are still in place. You'd need to patch those to get things (like memory reading) to work.
.. and that's basically the issue with XTRAP. Xtrap will use a kernel driver called XTrapD21.sys, or 13,14,15,16 etc depending on its version.
The only "simple" method I know to that is to reserve/unreserve the hooked functions, like SendInput, and hope that XTrap doesn't care.
With the program I use Radix, you can do that....
I just dont know how...
Help :(

3cmSailorfuku

#5 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 pm

apainlessend wrote: With the program I use Radix, you can do that....
I just dont know how...
Why are you contradicting yourself so much.