MiniMacro not working on Neo Steam

Ask questions about cheating in any games you would like. Does not need to pertain to MicroMacro.
Mesosmagnet

MiniMacro not working on Neo Steam

#1 Post by Mesosmagnet » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:47 am

Firstly I sincerely apologize for not replying to the messages earlier!

I am currently playing a game called Neo Steam. It isnt a very new game, and it doesnt really have such a huge community.
Usually I find myself wandering everywhere alone. The game has a VERY bottable...and I mean VERY bottable feature that can be ABUSED to the botters gain. The "VK.TILDE"( ~ ) key lets u target any monster in sight range and directly attack it using normal attacks, and it will not change target until the current target has died AND you have picked up your loot.

Problem is...I cant seem to make minimacro work in the game. The game has Xtrap, whose bypass is either very old or has to be paid for. And although it may have detected minimacro trying to access it, it did not shut down the game.

Is Xtrap the reason why minimacro isnt attaching to Neo Steam? If so, is there a way i can bypass it ( not only for minimacro but also for my task manager which makes the game auto shutdown everytime I open task manager to get rid of some pesky programs that sometimes make me lagg in game yet i still have to keep it on sometimes )

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: MiniMacro not working on Neo Steam

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Try renaming micromacro.exe to Pinnacle.exe or JoyToKey.exe. These used to work a long time ago, but I haven't tried it lately. Otherwise, XTrap will have to be removed.

The problem is not that XTrap detects MicroMacro, but rather that it's kernel-mode rootkit blocks access to certain functions. Each game configures XTrap differently, so you might have to just experiment. In Sword of the New World, you could still send keyboard input even with XTrap running. In other games, you can try using attach() to attach input to the window, and see if that works.

3cmSailorfuku

#3 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:25 pm

elverion wrote:Try renaming micromacro.exe to Pinnacle.exe or JoyToKey.exe. These used to work a long time ago, but I haven't tried it lately. Otherwise, XTrap will have to be removed.

The problem is not that XTrap detects MicroMacro, but rather that it's kernel-mode rootkit blocks access to certain functions. Each game configures XTrap differently, so you might have to just experiment. In Sword of the New World, you could still send keyboard input even with XTrap running. In other games, you can try using attach() to attach input to the window, and see if that works.
Or to explorer.exe.

Also, It's not minimacro.

Mesosmagnet

#4 Post by Mesosmagnet » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:04 am

OMG! I have been saying/referring to MicroMacro as MiniMacro for so so long! I...I'm at a loss of words...and thanks for the tip. I will try to rename micromacro and will try to use the attach script.